How We Use Email Marketing Properly
Think email is dead?
You’re wrong. Email is still one of the most widely-used marketing tools in existence. It is popular today for the simple reason that it works. It is relatively easy to set-up and it is not particularly time consuming. But most importantly of all, it can deliver multiple different benefits and keep delivering them over and over again.
Here are some of the ways that a well-run email campaign can help your business:
- Email fosters and maintains brand loyalty
- It keeps you in the mind of your customers
- It helps you repeat and reinforce PR messages as well as monitoring how satisfied people are with your service
- It is an incredibly effective way of delivering news directly to the people most important to you
- Above all else, a well-written email is a sure-fire way of generating sales, whether you’re up-selling an existing customer or trying to convert a new one
Whatever way you cut it, email marketing is a powerful tool. If you aren’t using it, then you should be.
Our advice to clients who don’t currently have a regular newsletter – or even an email update list – is to start one today.
We can help you in a number of different ways.
As usual, we’d start off with a thorough look at your business model to see how an email campaign can best help you grow. Once we establish the email’s purpose (e.g up-sell new customers, build loyalty, convey news, etc), we’ll get to work.
List Building & Newsletter Signups
You can’t even think about creating a newsletter or a direct mail campaign if you don’t have any email addresses.
A lot of people simply purchase lists from data collection agencies. We think that is usually the wrong way to go about it. For one thing, these lists are rarely accurate. For another, the people on the list are not necessarily in a ‘buying’ frame of mind. You don’t know how the agency obtained the emails, so there is no indication of purchase intent.
Basically, you might be paying top dollar for a list of 500 people, when only one of them has any interest in buying your services in the near future.
That’s why we advise trying to build your own lists first.
That way, you know that the people actively signed up, you know they’re interested in your services, and you know when their email address was obtained.
The ability to respond in real-time is extremely important. After all, some contacts sit on lists for years – who knows what’s changed in that time?!
We can help drive email sign-ups and newsletter subscriptions on your website.
Our methods are subtle but incredibly effective.
- We employ everything we know about consumer behaviour while ensuring that sign-up boxes fit in well with the look and feel of your site
- We then insert the box in the most relevant places on your site
- We employ split-testing to find the most effective version
- We’ll set you up with an email distribution service and show you how to construct newsletters
- For full-service clients, we’ll build and manage your email list and issue monthly newsletters
- Again for full-service clients, we’ll give you constant advice on how to best monetize your email list
This is the part of an email campaign that people skip. They either don’t give it enough thought, or they buy a list from a big data agency.
We think our approach is a lot cheaper and ultimately more effective. It takes longer, but it leaves you with a constantly growing asset rather than a one-time disposable list.
What’s not to like?
Newsletter Creation & Management
You probably don’t have time to put together an engaging, attractive newsletter than converts readers into customers.
It can take hours to craft a worthwhile newsletter, and if you have a business to run, it just mightn’t seem like a good use of your time.
If that’s the case, we’ve got you covered.
We can design a sleek newsletter that fits perfectly with your brand.
We’ll then set it up in an email list management system that you can access and use going forward.
These systems are extremely user friendly. You’ll simply log on, open up a template, and then start populating it with your news and opinion pieces (and product promotions, of course). When you’re done, you just hit “send” and away it goes!
You can even monitor open rate and conversion rate through some of these services.
Of course, if you want us to take care of all that for you, we’d be more than happy to help.
Full-service clients get this on us; no extra fees or hidden costs.
If you’d like to hire us to run your newsletter as a standalone service or part of a custom-package, then get in touch and we’ll see how we can best help you! Alternatively, just fill in the form below and we’ll get right back to you.